Friday, April 26, 2013

Sample Sale: Boston, You're My Home

So...most of this stuff isn't actually on sale. But I've been a Bostonian for 15 years and I love this city so much. I figured it was only appropriate to share some stuff that reflects that love.

Charity Products



Boston Innovation has 11 Items that support marathon bombing victims. Above is my favorite, from Life is Good.


T token necklace ($32.50, 50% donation to Boston Children's Hospital in memory of Martin Richard.) Finding a token in my pocket used to make my day. I still have warm feelings for them more than five years after they went the way of the carrier pigeon.


Boston's not afraid of you pin ($1.75, all proceeds to the One Fund) It's true. Those creepy twins from The Shining could show up in a Bostonian's bathroom at 2 a.m. and she'd tell them to go fuck themselves.


Marathon route 8x10 poster ($35.00, all proceeds to the One Fund) Minimalist, poignant, and (I imagine) hugely motivating for 2014.


Boston Skyline Word Art Print  ($30.00, all proceeds to the One Fund) Just looking at the skyline gives me the warm fuzzies.


Forever Boston photo ($25, 50% of the proceeds to the One Fund) Yup, totally made me cry.

Map Products


Boston neighborhood map (Ork Posters, $22) In case you were wondering, I live in the least cool neighborhood.



Boston map necklace/earrings (Aminimal Studios, $40-$50) There are so many cities available in this line! You're all going to love/hate me.


Local Artisan Sale Products



Zooguu stuffed animals ($15-$90) Through May 1, you get a free size upgrade on whatever you order. Baby Razor has an elephant from them, and it is adorable, durable, and lovable.


Xylem earrings (Nervous System, $20-$25 from $40-$50) The only thing keeping me from buying these right now is my indecision over which color to get.


4 comments:

  1. Just ordered one of the Zooguu animals. I am a sucker for foxes. Show me a fox, and I lose all ability to say No. (Hey, it's better to be that way about stuffed animals than about vodka, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we already established that I'm that way about whales and/or jewelry involving Boston. I got my T token necklace today and already got a compliment on it!

      Delete
  2. What a great post. I'm honored that my toys are included in your love for Boston theme. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! We love seeing the Zooguus at the SoWa market and we're looking forward to getting another one this summer.

      Delete