Monday, November 30, 2015

Llama Gift Guide

A friend of mine once said, "I have taken a lover" in such an exaggerated manner that I heard, "I have taken a LLAMA." His now-fiancé has been known as The Llama ever since.

Recently, I've noticed that llamas and alpacas are having A Moment, joining owls and whales as hip decorative animals. So for all the camelid lovers in your life, here's a llama gift guide:

Leading the trend is Paper Source, which has gone all out with Holiday Llamas, including the Fa La La Llamas:

They're thinking about spitting on you.
Which are available as garlands, cards, gift bags, wrapping paper, and, of course, tea towels.

There's also the llama tree ornament:

Pink? Sure.

And, for my Jewish friends, there are Llamakah cards & wrapping paper (but sadly no tea towels):

I really can't add anything to this image.

Sharing entirely for the name because let's be honest: those things on the scarf look more like goats. Llama said deck you out scarf:

They need longer necks!

I might need this one for myself. Alpaca a punch mug:

Alpacas don't spit.

This would make an excellent housewarming gift. Llama salt & pepper shakers:

I don't think the S&P come out of their noses, but that would be funny.

Why are animals in clothes so adorable? I don't know, but here's a llama wearing a hat:

(look at the owl plate too. It's SO CUTE.)

Threadless offers a llama wearing a sweater on a t-shirt:

Definitely thinking about spitting on you.

Or you could combine trends and get a llama ugly Christmas sweater:

If I designed this, it'd spit when someone pulled the scarf.

No llama gift guide would be complete without the movie that put llamas on the map, The Emperor's New Groove:

"Yay, I'm a llama again! Wait."

And finally, if you really, REALLY love our fine furry friends, Island Alpaca on Martha's Vineyard will be happy to give you a quote on this prizewinning beauty:

Her name is Angelina.
COMING WEDNESDAY: THE ALEXANDER HAMILTON GIFT GUIDE

No comments:

Post a Comment