Friday, March 15, 2013

Sample Sale: Happy Irish Stereotype Day

I live in an Irish neighborhood, I lived in THE Irish neighborhood, I've been to Ireland 4 times, and unless you're offering me free corned beef and cabbage, I'm frankly uninterested in St. Patrick's Day. I'm old and jaded! I'm post-debauchery!

But I still love Ireland, so here's a bunch of stuff that made me think fondly of my time there.


Rose Garden Color Story Dress (ModCloth, $37.99 from $54.99) Love the pink/green contrast. This is a great dress for frolicking outside on the first warm day of spring.


Waterfall Sequin Tank (eloquii, $22.99 from $45) Shiny, green, SHINY.


Crochet Lace Earrings (ShopBop, $75.60 from $108) I think these are on sale because they're kind of gigantic, but whatever. I love the idea of wearing doilies on my ears.



Short Sleeve Mini Dress (Tulle, $56.00 from $80) Um, this is one is for clubbing in Ireland? Actually, it makes me wish I was 22 again so I could wear it to impress the Irish boy with whom I had an ambiguous relationship. Buy this, go dancing, kiss someone random, and think of me, okay?



the Bobbie Oxford  (Madewell, $124.99 from $165) My friend Kate told me to make a Lord of the Dance joke for these, but the truth is I just really, really want them for myself.


Good Luck Charm Bracelet (Madewell, $21.99 from $29.50) Sweet without being kitschy.


Cap's Shield (Think Geek, $13.99 from $19.99) Because Steve Rogers' parents in the comics were Irish immigrants. /nerd


Utopia Devil/Angel Teapot (Jonathan Adler, $66 from $110) First thing I learned in Ireland: Take The Tea. The first thing you will be offered in an Irish home is tea, and if you decline it will be re-offered every ten minutes until you finally agree to a cup Irish hosts are not comfortable until you have a cup of tea in front of you, so just take it the first time.


Pug Stopper (Z Gallerie, $9.99 from $14.95) Ha ha, the Irish are drunks! Ha ha ha. Ha.


Whiskey Stones (Think Geek, $19.99, Buy one Get one 50% off) Ok, for real though, they do make great whiskey. This was the only deal I could find on something whiskey-related, and I guess it's a good one if you're the type of person who has whiskey-drinking parties. Are you that type of person? We should be friends.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, favourite Bargain Bin evah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Thank you! I think I might have to buy the teapot for myself.

      Delete