Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sample Sale: Spring Is Springing

It's snowing in Boston right now, but they tell me Spring is coming. The extra hour of daylight this weekend should help to convince me. In the meantime, here are some products to artificially brighten your day.



Simple Garden (A+R, $15 from $30)
My problem with a lot of garden kits is that they just give you the seeds, or the seeds and the pot, and you have to figure out how to actually grow stuff, which is the hard part. This kit gives you everything from a How To booklet to the dirt--sorry "organic sustainable planting medium."



Drifted bobby pin set (Anthropologie, $9.95 from $24)
Excellent if you're growing your bangs out or, like me, always have that one damn strand of hair that won't stay in the pony tail.



Red Tulip Planter (Furbish, $12 from $24)
If the Simple Garden works out, grow some tulips in here. If you kill the tomatoes in two weeks, just fill it with candy.



Blue Bird Organic T-shirt (abc Carpet & Home, $19 from $45)
For any Spring baby showers to which you're invited. I could never bring myself to splurge on hand-crafted baby items, but boy did I love getting them as gifts.



Garden of Eden lace dress (Free People, $69.95 from $128)
A little twee on its own, but the right accessories could make it edgy and fun. Or wear it as is to your family's annual egg hunt.



Teo Camisole (Rag & Bone, $76.50 from $255)
Dear ladies who do not need bras: Please buy this and wear it for me and all the other droopy ladies out there Because that back is dead sexy and we'd like to live vicariously through your hotness.



Open Ladybug bangle (Emily Elizabeth Jewelry, $50 from $65)
There was one unseasonably warm fall when I was in college and thousands of ladybugs hatched late. About a dozen of them snuck into my dorm room and kept me company. It was wonderful. They're pretty, they don't bite, and they eat more destructive bugs. Buy this bracelet and feel positive about insects.



Pig Butter Dish (Jonathan Adler, $34 from $68)
OK, its connection to spring is tenuous at best. But look, SO CUTE!



Carved White Quartz Cocktail Ring (Wendy Mink, $40 from $195)
I love me a cocktail ring, and not just for cocktails. They're great for kicking up an everyday outfit. ALL of Wendy Mink's classic cocktail rings are just $40 until 3/11.

3 comments:

  1. Really great! Love the Anthro Bobby Pin set...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't wear a lot of gold, but I have one Wendy Mink gold necklace that Shannon gave me ages ago that I wear a lot. I had no idea (and my credit card was blissfully unaware) that her stuff was available online -- that ring looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my ever-growing Wendy Mink collection is also Shannon's fault. They have online sample sales twice a year, so I usually wait for those.

      Delete