Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Worst. Beauty Product Review. Ever.

***ATTN: More JEM adventures later this week! Less WTF, more Girl Power, karate, and PRINCESSES.***

When I decided to come back to blogging, I thought about focusing on one subject as a way of differentiating myself from the eight million other personal blogs out there. The following exchange pretty much defines why I couldn't do it:

Me: I am in a total froth over [a well-meaning but clueless essay to which I am not linking but which contained the sentence "Sometimes I pretend I am black."]

Jasmine: Understandable. SOMETIMES I PRETEND I AM BLACK.

Me: Yet I am also totally admiring the gorgeous packaging of the moisturizer I just bought. I am large. I contain multitudes.

That's right: I quoted Walt Whitman while talking about racism and beauty products. I am shallow, socially aware, AND snobby.

Anyway. Look at the pretty packaging:




It's nice stuff--smells good, makes my skin soft. Yes, it's hideously overpriced. I was going to try to justify spending that much money, but it boils down to: sometimes I just like putting expensive shit on my face, okay?

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, Lyette, your conversation with your friend sounds like my conversation with my friends. We will stop in the middle of a rant about workers' rights or healthcare coverage and say, "Oh, by the way, the shoes you love are on sale at TJ MAxx." I, too, contain multitudes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, I am so glad to know I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete