Thursday, April 11, 2013

Sample Sale: Animal Magnetism

I feel bad, because this theme was inspired by a friend of mine who mentioned that she loves owls, and I didn't include any owls! In my defense, the Put A Bird On It people seem to have conducted a few focus groups and decided that the bird we all want is an owl, because they are freaking everywhere. I got kind of sick of looking at them. So, Michelle, here are some owls for you. And here are many more creatures great and small to take you into the weekend.


Filigree Pollination Necklace (Anthropologie, $49.99 from $98) Buy this, wear it, and recite Eddie Izzard's beekeeping monologue to anyone who asks you about it.


Squirrel cookie jar (West Elm, $14.99 from $39) Steal something from a rodent for once!


Animal Stash Box: Llama (Furbish, $35 from $49) First of all, you can put your weed in there. Second of all, when my friend S. got a boyfriend, his way of telling us was to say, "I have taken a luvvah." Except I heard "llama." So his boyfriend has been known to everyone as The Llama for a decade now. Sorry about that, DG.




Honey Badger Talking Plush (Think Geek, $14.99 from $24.99) Oh god, I know this meme is over, but it still makes me laugh! I would use this to end every argument with my husband.


Hungry Fish Planter (Ten Thousand Villages, $19 from $38) Not too plain, not too fancy, and totally charming to boot.




Bat Plate (Fig, $107.25 from $165) Sweet lord, it's hideous. There's a much prettier hummingbird plate at the site, but I had to include this so I could ask where in one's house you might possibly put it?




Oh Whale Top (Mod Cloth, $29.99 from $42.99) Whales are my birds. If there's a whale on it, I want it. Not sure if it comes from growing up on an island, but they are definitely my personal favorite.


Honorable Mention: Best in Bow Sweater (Mod Cloth, $49.99 from $99.99) Here solely because my daughter saw me scrolling past it and started going, "Doggie! Doggie! Doggie!" If you want toddlers to love you, buy this sweater.



Leopard Calf Hair Pointed Toe Flat (C. Wonder, $42 from $128) When they say calf hair, do they mean actual calf hair? Do I want to know how that works? I don't, do I? Anyway, all of C. Wonder's sale stuff is 30% off right now.



Animal Wine Stopper (Sprout Home, $8.50 from ?) Do your roommates steal your leftover booze? Cork it with this. Problem solved!

3 comments:

  1. OMG. The honey badger. Sometimes the world gets me down, and then I remind myself that out there are the people who came up with the honey badger and also the most interesting man in the world. Those two things have rescued my mood from many a cut-off-in-traffic incident.

    I'm trying to think of what my life would be like if I could (in good conscience) spend over $100 on a bat plate that looked like that. Maybe as a wedding gift for someone I didn't like? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whales are my favorite too. The sperm whale is the state animal of Connecticut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They usually mean actual calf hair. It's fuzzy!

    Is..is that bat flashing us? It would be pretty awkward to eat salad off its swimsuit area.

    ReplyDelete