Friday, April 5, 2013

Sample Sale: Black & White

No intro this week; be glad I'm not quoting Ebony & Ivory. Now have some once & future classics:

Going Moth Tropic Top (Mod Cloth, $23.99 from $34.99) I want whatever crack the copywriter who wrote the description for this top was smoking.


Raquel Top (Anthropologie, $29.95 from $88) This just looks so comfy.


Border Pattern Dress (Eloquii, $41.99 from $69.99) The red stripe is cheating on the theme a little bit, but I love that pop of color.


Nine Muses Dress (BHDLN, $120 from $220) I realize this is damning with faint praise, but this is probably the least-overpriced thing I've seen at BHDLN (sweet jebus, I hate that name. It sounds like a noise someone having a stroke would make.)



Pinch Bracelet (Nervous System, $40 from $80) This biology-inspired jewelry line is so distinct and recognizable that I once had someone stop me on the street and ask if I was wearing a Nervous System necklace.


Black Iris Necklace (Theodora & Callum, $129 from $325) An over-the-top necklace named for over-the-top fashion icon Iris Apfel. More is more, darlings.


Decorative Marble Bowl (Williams Sonoma, $69.99 from $88) Lovely on a black table and useful for braining home invaders. (What? I can't be the only one who considers these things, can I?)


Cut Leaves Wall Hanging (CB2, $39.95 from $59.95) This'd look great in a black & white themed room, but I bet it would also nicely class up a run-down apartment.


Plaid Printed Cotton Dhurrie (West Elm, $6.99 from $19) Included mostly because I had to look up "dhurrie." And because that's a great price for a throw rug.


Black Hawaiian Sea Salt (Terrain, $8.95 from $12) It's black from volcanic charcoal! How cool is that?



3 comments:

  1. I am forever in your debt for introducing me to Nervous System jewelry. It is my new favorite thing, and I will buy ALL OF THE THINGS there. (Except not b/c I don't have the money. But I WILL spend the remainder of my afternoon staring at them.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the above comment… that jewellery is incredible!

    You pick good things. Can this become a thing on the Hairpin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black and white has always been a classic.Selected jewelry and clothing are very good.

    ReplyDelete